The local Village Shop

My idea for this little shop came about as soon as I saw this dollshouse kit. Straightaway it reminded me of a shop in a tiny village here in North Yorkshire.

I've spent lots of happy times there when my children were little. It was a great place to spend an afternoon out and the local shop there has two Georgian bow windows just like these miniature ones.


Wednesday 9 August 2017

Some wallpapering

I've completed the upstairs decoration now. I was undecided what era this shop was going to be but knew it was to be 'old fashioned'...very vague I know but anyway it is turning out to be around the 1940s/50s. It just seems to have evolved that way!
Here are photos of progress so far...


You can see how I've placed a wall to give the impression of stairs behind with a door leading into the hallway.


I've used a real wood floor sheet stained in medium oak 


This is the hallway which turns a corner to go down 'the stairs'






No comments:

Post a Comment